Making Sense of a New Reality
The pandemic has revealed unpleasant truths about digitalization in both India and Germany. Insufficient digital literacy has helped misinformation about the virus spread in India, while Germany's Covid response was slowed by a lack of tech adoption. more...
Ever want to quit your job to be a surf instructor? Want to tackle what life throws at you better? In this episode, the RoC team discusses pandemic transitions and how we can thrive in the New Year. more...
If you have recently considered getting a dog, a cat or a bird, this episode is definitely for you! Our team talked to pet owners as well as staff at an animal shelter about the pandemic pet trend and what to take into consideration when adopting pets. more...
This episode is for readers and writers alike! A publishing industry expert shares how the publishing landscape is changing and what the pandemic’s role is in it. A writer introduces us to her process of writing a novel and self-publishing. more...
What lasting impact will the pandemic have on travel? A Canadian hospitality industry consultant and a travel enthusiast from Nepal discuss automated hotels, booking sites for rural Himalayan towns and why many beds could remain empty this coming season. more...
Learning the Greek Alphabet
As new variants like Delta keep spreading, plans have to be adjusted once again and many places are still far from establishing a new normal.
- Taipei: The Best of Both Worlds
- Washington: The Power of Lollipops
- Yaoundé: Didn't the Pandemic End Last Year?
- Quito: Of Kids and Doctors
- Bengaluru: Co-existing with the Virus
- Bonus: A New Record of Change
The Beginning of the End?
It took longer than anticipated to put an end to the pandemic. Record of Change extends its run beyond the originally planned three seasons. But as vaccines are starting to become available globally, there\'s hope that some normalcy will return to our lives.
- Yaoundé: Pretending it's the Flu
- United States: Water Cooler Conversations
- Cape Town: Protesting as a Way to Survive
- Ho Chi Minh City: a Good Time to Travel (domestically)!
- London: Time is a Blur
- Bonus: Monday on the Couch
- Santiago de Chile: Post-Dictatorship Politics and the Pandemic
- Bonus: A Pandemic Wedding and Vaccine Blues
A New Year
During the holiday season, vaccines have become available in many countries, offering a glimmer of hope that 2021 will be better than 2020. We hear from some of our friends from previous seasons and also introduce a few new voices to the show.
- London: Are You Having a Laugh?
- Istanbul: Embracing Imperfection
- Taipei: Glimpse into a Post-Covid Life
- Washington: From the Frontline
- Quito: A Positive Perspective
- Hong Kong: Pandemic Easier than Politics
- Gaza City: We Will Manage
- Bonus: Digital Friendships
The Second Wave
Reconnecting with the interviewees from season 1, we learn how they prepare for the winter and the second wave of the pandemic.
- Istanbul: I just want this to be over
- Hong Kong: Pause and Rediscover the Passion
- Cape Town: Corona Aesthetics and Theater
- Ho Chi Minh City: Flying Through the Pandemic Summer
- Athens: Waiting for Christmas
- Gaza City: Everyone will be infected
- Bengaluru: Opening Up
- Bonus: Dispatch from our Closets
The first eight months
We meet our interviewees for the first time and learn how they experienced the beginning of the pandemic and how they have adjusted to the situation.