Learning the Greek Alphabet
As new variants like Delta keep spreading, plans have to be adjusted once again and many places are still far from establishing a new normal.
Carina informs about the latest Covid outbreak in Taiwan, where life seemed to have gone back to normal just months ago, and how vaccination is politicized. She also talks about visiting Germany and being able to avoid escalated lockdowns in both places. more...
Katherine reflects upon her last months of her second job on the frontlines as a COVID-19 testing site worker. more...
Cameroonian nurse Durance shares how Covid hit her in person. Also she talks about how little people in her central-African home care about the pandemic and how misinfomation lead to empty vaccination centers. more...
Blanca shares how strictly her 5-year-old is following the health protocols and how she found her unborn son's name. more...
Alan Rocha talks about his close calls with Covid during India's second wave, dating in the pandemic and getting a new cat companion. more...
The team reflects on the past season and listens to voicemails from some of our previous guests, before we relaunch the podcast with a new concept in a few weeks. more...
The Beginning of the End?
It took longer than anticipated to put an end to the pandemic. Record of Change extends its run beyond the originally planned three seasons. But as vaccines are starting to become available globally, there\'s hope that some normalcy will return to our lives.
- Yaoundé: Pretending it's the Flu
- United States: Water Cooler Conversations
- Cape Town: Protesting as a Way to Survive
- Ho Chi Minh City: a Good Time to Travel (domestically)!
- London: Time is a Blur
- Bonus: Monday on the Couch
- Santiago de Chile: Post-Dictatorship Politics and the Pandemic
- Bonus: A Pandemic Wedding and Vaccine Blues
A New Year
During the holiday season, vaccines have become available in many countries, offering a glimmer of hope that 2021 will be better than 2020. We hear from some of our friends from previous seasons and also introduce a few new voices to the show.
- London: Are You Having a Laugh?
- Istanbul: Embracing Imperfection
- Taipei: Glimpse into a Post-Covid Life
- Washington: From the Frontline
- Quito: A Positive Perspective
- Hong Kong: Pandemic Easier than Politics
- Gaza City: We Will Manage
- Bonus: Digital Friendships
The Second Wave
Reconnecting with the interviewees from season 1, we learn how they prepare for the winter and the second wave of the pandemic.
- Istanbul: I just want this to be over
- Hong Kong: Pause and Rediscover the Passion
- Cape Town: Corona Aesthetics and Theater
- Ho Chi Minh City: Flying Through the Pandemic Summer
- Athens: Waiting for Christmas
- Gaza City: Everyone will be infected
- Bengaluru: Opening Up
- Bonus: Dispatch from our Closets
The first eight months
We meet our interviewees for the first time and learn how they experienced the beginning of the pandemic and how they have adjusted to the situation.